WHY SHOULD I CONTRIBUTE TO DODOLOGIC?
It’s a great opportunity to get your name and content out there. We’ve been lucky enough to gain a large, international fan base – and it keeps growing every day. Enthusiastic and dedicated contributors like you can help us reach an even larger audience.
Reporting to DODOlogic’s Content Director (in consultation with other DODO staff), contributors will cover events and/or complete features – making connections among automotive enthusiasts in your area and building new relationships in the wider global community. Contributors are also welcome to pitch content ideas at any time.
At this time, these positions are unpaid. As DODO grows, we hope to offer reimbursement in the future. We understand that exposure isn’t a currency and it doesn’t keep the lights on, but it’s a place to start. We will provide contributors with discounts on merchandise and/or free stuff. As an added perk, shooting for an organization like DODOlogic can help you access those tricky events that require media credentials.
The commitment is as much or as little as you’re able to give. At minimum, DODO expects one submitted post per month.
A DODOLOGIC CONTRIBUTOR MUST:
- Have their finger on the pulse of their local car culture, including events and feature-worthy vehicles.
- Write stories that are engaging, easy-to-read and compelling, with attention to proper grammar and spelling. You don’t have to be the best writer in the world (we’re not!), but basic knowledge is essential.
- Take high-quality photos (or video) using a DSLR that live up to DODO’s high standards for photography.
- Have a means of attending local events – i.e. have a vehicle or someone to drive you.
- Accept that DODOlogic retains the right to edit all submitted articles.
- Work with our Content Director to ensure coverage aligns with DODOlogic’s established brand and schedule.
- Never rip off anyone else’s words, ideas or photos.
- Ideally have access to Photoshop to add watermarks to photos.
I’M INTERESTED. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Apply! Please submit the following to email@example.com by midnight PST on April 15, 2016. Be sure to read the requirements carefully – incomplete applications may not be considered. You’ll only be contacted if you’ve been selected for further evaluation.
1. Let us know what city/area you will primarily be covering. Please put this in the subject line of your email.
2. Submit a sample article with photos – this could be event coverage or a feature. The article should be engaging, easy-to-read and compelling, with attention to proper grammar and spelling.
3. Tell us about yourself:
a. Why do you want to contribute to DODOlogic?
b. What do you drive (or want to drive)?
c. What local events and/or features would you plan on covering in the near future if you were a DODOlogic contributor?
4. Want to submit videos as well? Let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance and look forward to hearing from you!